While perusing Master Chef Live, we were able to watch a chef at the Oriental Merchants stand make some delicious Kimono Bundles which we sampled later.
The recipe is from the Obento - Japanese meals in minutes booklet from Oriental Merchants.
4 chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise
1 cup rice flour
1 tsp flaked salt
1 tsp S&B assorted chilli pepper
Oil to shallow fry
2 x 150g Obento Soba noodles (prepared to packet instructions)
1 avocado, sliced
1 cup Kewpie Mayonnaise
2 tsp S&N wasabi paste
1 lime, zested
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup Obento Mirin Seasoning
1 tsp sesame oil
Okies... here we go!
1. Combine soy sauce, mirin seasoning and sesame oil in a medium bowl and marinate chicken strips (up to 3 hours)
2. Remove chicken from marinade, toss through combined rice flour, salt and chilli pepper. Shake off excess.
3. Heat oil to medium heat, shallow fry chicken till golden and drain on absorbent paper, keep yo' chicken warm.
4. Place soba noodles in shallow bowl, toss 'em with the sliced avocado as well as pre-combined wasabi, mayonnaise and lime zest.
5. Lay warmed tortilla flat, spoon in noodle mixture and top with crispy chicken. (He said to not put in in the centre but a bit to the side since we're going to roll it up).
6. Fold and roll torilla, wrap with nori slices and secure with a string. Serve 'em warm and sliced diagonally.
And almost forgot...
Preparation time: 15 minutes (excluding the time to marinate the chicken)
P.S. Read about what else we got up to at Master Chef Live 2011 ^^ (coming on 15/10/2011) And here's another photograph with the recipe.